I don't really know why I'm writing this other than I feel like I need to. Recently in my life I have become aware that many of the most wonderful and strong women that I know are unable or have much difficulty becoming pregnant or staying pregnant. And my heart just aches for these women. They keep the commandments, love the Lord, and do everything that would qualify them to raise righteous children, but for one reason or another are being denied that blessing. I know that the Lord knows the plan from beginning to end and often we only see the here and now, but it is still hurts at times. I also know that I've been blessed with two beautiful healthy daughter and when I hear of another friend that can't have that blessing right now, it makes me want to just hold my girls and love them even more. When I was on my mission I was studying Preach My Gospel one morning and came across this phrase, "All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." Those words fell deep into my soul that day and have stayed with me ever since. I don't know what these women are going through, all I can do is be there for them and pray for them. But there is one, one who know exactly how they feel, all of their pain and heartache and He will make all things "right". We don't know His timetable but we can and must have confidence that He knows... He knows! And I am eternally grateful that he does!
I just want these women and friends going through this to know that I love you and you are in my prayers and are a great example of faith for me to follow. Thank you for all you do for me and others whose lives I know you have touched.



4 comments:
I know you do not know me. I know your husband and grew up with him. I think he married up! I waited 13 years for my daughter. We are a family now through adoption. Thanks for your wonderful testimony. It is hard to struggle alone. We are not alone though! Jesus Christ knows and will heal us. I hope one day we can meet. Thanks for your testimony. I have been a Bishop's wife as well. I know it is hard and lonely. I needed a reminder to help and pray for others who want a family.
Random comment - I've heard that many women are progesterone deficient, which makes it nearly impossible to get or stay pregnant. Maybe suggest to them that they get progesterone cream from their doctor and try that for a few months?
Rachel I am so grateful for you in my life! I swear knowing my Savior and reminding myself that I am not alone helps get me through the day. One thing that helps is having a sense of humor through it all. It has taken me a few years to get one, but I have one. I love to see the expression on people's faces when I tell them my "daughter's" name is Freckles...cracks me up everytime :) course - I usually laugh at my own jokes anyway.
Freckles is my puppy case you didn't know.
Rachel - thank you for your sweet, beautiful post. I love that thought you shared. It is definitely true. "All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ."
Every once in a while I check your blog, and it is so neat to see what a great mom you are and what a lovely family you have. Thanks for being such a great example with a caring heart.
Post a Comment