Well, Lacey is getting too big for the crib and we need it for Noelle, so we introduced Lacey to her new Big Girl Bed! She was so excited about it as Tim was setting it up last night. After it was all set up, she crawled up in it and asked, "Paci?" Which is her way of saying, "Okay, I'm ready for bed, so can I have my pacifier now?" (She's only allowed her pacifier when she's in bed, and she knows it!) We decided we should let her sleep in the crib last night and start the big girl bed out today for nap time. So, today for nap time I rocked her, which is the signal that it's time to sleep and after a few seconds she asks for her paci which is her signal that she's ready to get in the crib. When she asked for her pacifier I said, "Okay go get in your bed (meaning the big girl bed)." And she got out of my lap and proceeded to try and climb into the crib. I laughed and said, "No, sweetie, your big girl bed." She was so excited! She climbed up into laughing with glee the entire way. Settled herself down with her teddy bear, I gave her her pacifier, put the blanket on her, gave her a kiss and, left closing the door behind me (as always).
This is how I left her before exiting the room.

I came down stairs turned on the monitor and waited to hear what would happen. Sure enough I heard the pitter patter of little feet and "Elmo, you go bed Elmo." Apparently it was Elmo's nap time too ;) I went upstairs and put her back in the bed, gave her a kiss and came back down. Then I hear rocking, as in the rocking chair. I went back up to find her rocking Elmo to sleep. I put her in the back in the bed and came back down. Next I hear, "Here-you-go baby doll, I luf you baby doll." Back up I go, to find her feeding her baby doll with a spoon. This time I threw all the toys in her closet and closed the closet doors (I know I should have done this in the first place - thank you very much). I put her back in the bed, tucked her, her teddy bear, Elmo and the baby doll under the covers and went back down. All I heard that time was a bit of rustling around in her bed and then silence. After about 30 minutes of silence I went back up and this is what I found...
My sleeping beauty! So much for tucking her in ;)She just woke up about 30 minutes ago and what I hear was a bit of rustling and then a knock, knock, "Mooooommy, Mooooommy," knock, knock on her door. So cute!!!
We'll see how tonight goes. Let's all cross our fingers!




3 comments:
Oh my goodness...this is SO cute!!! Can your big girl come teach mine when it's time? We don't do well with transitions from one step to the next, but here's to hoping it'll go this smooth :)
your girls are so cute!
Wow, i'm so impressed! No screaming or crying? Caleb had a different experience, but things are getting better :)
I'm sure you don't know me--I'm Sally, married to Joe Davidson, an old friend of Tim's from BYU. Tim sent Joe your blog address, so i was just checking it out :) Your kids are darling, and i've enjoyed reading some of your back-posts. In fact, who knows if you'll even find this comment? Maybe i'll leave one higher up...
Post a Comment