Monday, March 30, 2009

Me... a pulpit widow


Well, this Sunday was a big Sunday for the Holman household. Tim was called to be the Bishop of the Sanford Ward. We both love our ward so much and Tim, aside from being understandably nervous, is very excited to serve. I'll never forget walking out of the sealing room right after we got married and him turning to me and saying, "You ready to get to work?" He loves to serve the Lord as much as he can, and he'll definitely have the opportunity to serve with this calling ;) And that's why I married him.
So, I guess all I can say is that we're ready to get to work!
And...
pray for us ;)

8 comments:

Jac said...

Goodness! An exciting time for your family, indeed! Another chance to do the Lord's work... love it!! :)

Sarah Turpin said...

I love looking at your blog. What a busy time for you guys! Good luck. You'll be a great bishops wife. And can you believe our little ones are getting so big!

Shelley Stephens said...

WOW, that is so exciting. Tim will do an awsome job and so will you. Congrats and good luck. We miss you guys and the ward.

Asher and Amy said...

I was a young Bishop's wife. My advice is support him. Don't let him tell ya anything. It is better to be in ignorance. This is what the Lord wants. No one can get upset at you because you do not know anything. They will still get upset though. Asher would ask me if he was doing a good job and I would tell him that if he was doing what the Lord wanted than he was okay. Be careful what you say on your blog if members know you have one. Those of us you have been around leadership in the church and the old timers can read between the lines.
Well, he will do a good job. I have known Tim all growing up.

Amy Hunter Rose

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your husband and I wish you all the best in supporting him in his calling! We can't wait to move to Florida and I hope we'll get the chance to see you and your family!!
Congratulations again!It's exciting news!!!

Irene said...

My Boise Idaho mission president would say... Bless your heart! He actually has that calling thanks to you!!! he he he!!!! Heavenly Father trusts in you so much that he has called you husband as a bishop. I know you'll do great! I'm positive!

mrsarmogansclass said...

Ok, so my bad for not reading your blog to find out the exciting news before I admitted stocking Sister Williamson's page to find out...but in my defense blogspot had kicked me out for having a baby and not having enough time to even sleep (LOL) ha ha!!! Congrats again though there's no better couple to take on the "work" than you and your hubby!!!

Matt said...

Tim! You'll be a great bishop. I still remember how lucky I was to have you be my first EQ President at BYU. Good luck!