Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's Independence Day!

Well, I'm a couple days late, but Happy 4th of July! We had a great long holiday weekend. It started on Thursday night when we drove up to my family's house in Jacksonville. On Friday Tim went fishing with my Dad and I stayed at the house and caught up on the Moss family happenings. And, of course, Lacey played with her aunts and uncle... she loves to play with them! We left their house Saturday morning and drove to our church's 4th of July BBQ. It was great! Great food, great games and great friends! Lacey and her newly walking self, got very dirty as she fell in the dirt/grass many, many times. But she loved every second of it! Brother and Sister Otero even made Lacey a couple small pink water balloons to play with. She squished them in her hands and the water would swish back and forth... then they would pop, with water flying everywhere, and she would laugh and laugh. It was sweet of the Otero's to think of our little Lacey. Then we went to jump in Aunt Pat and Uncle Scott's pool. Very nice during a hot Florida day! Here is Tim and Lacey in the pool playing with Tim's cousin Kara (by the way, Happy Birthday Kara!) and her little girl Reese. Reese was waiting all day for Lacey to get there so they could play... how cute is she!
Here's a close up of Lacey in the pool.

Then we went home to eat a yummy 4th of July dinner with Tim's parents and then off to see the fireworks! We're lucky to live VERY close to the lake where they shoot of the fireworks here in Sanford. We got a great parking spot right on the lake's edge to watch the show. Here's Lacey waiting for the show.

She was a bit nervous. The people parked next to us were shooting off their own fireworks and they were a kinda loud when they shot off.

Then they shot off a BIG one and Lacey screamed. She was so scared, poor baby. All she wanted was her Mom, her pacifier and her blanket. How sad is this face! Her tears are still there :(

Eventually, the real show started and she liked to watch the real ones, we were far enough away that it wasn't too loud. Once she calmed down, she didn't have to be held by me. So Daddy got a turn and so did Nonnie and Grandpa Chuck (Tim's parents).

















It was a wonderful holiday spent with family and friends. I am grateful to live in this country and for those that have fought and are fighting for our freedom. What a blessing to be free!

3 comments:

Alana said...

You guys had a busy weekend! I'm glad you had a great time! Swimming in FL sounds so nice right now! Jealous!! :)

Jodi said...

I am a little late catching up, but I just wanted to say Congratulations!!! Another baby, that is awesome! I hope that you are feeling better! Again, Congrats!!

mrsarmogansclass said...

What CUTE pics girl! Lacey is so adorable in her Independence Day get up (LOL) Man! I wish I knew you were in town I would have try to get with ya, but I guess a holiday weekend is always Busy! LOVE ya!