So, not this Sunday, but the last Sunday, I was walking down the stairs, carrying Lacey in one hand and some clothes in the other. I don't know about you, but that's all the hands I have so, I wasn't holding on to the rail... and I slipped and fell about halfway down the stairs and landed on my back with Lacey on top of me. Once I checked her our and saw that she was fine, I made sure I could still feel the baby moving around, and I did, what's left to worry about... me. My lower back was hurting a lot, but it wasn't until after church that I realized the pain was not going away. Tim wanted me to go to the doctor (and that desire was seconded by my mother and my mother-in law), so, I told him that I would call the doctor on Monday. Well, the doctor wanted me to come in so he could monitor the baby for a while. I told him that she was fine and that I was the one suffering! He said, "Well, that's what happens when you go stair surfing when you're 8 months pregnant!" After the monitoring, he said the baby is fine (I believe I already told him that) and that I caused "severe trauma to my coccyx"... translation... I broke my bum ;) Okay, so, it's not really broken, but it did hurt A LOT!!! He said to take Tylenol and told Tim to buy my one of those doughnuts to sit on so I didn't traumatize it anymore. I've been walking VERY slowly and that's if I could even get off the couch to walk at all. So, my wonderful mother-in-law made dinner for us on Monday and Wednesday. And it was delicious both nights! One of the dinners was a lasagna, needless to say Lacey loved it!
She also had a lot of fun with my doughnut ;)
By the way, lest you are worried, I'm doing MUCH better, but I still love and need my doughnut... maybe the next time Tim buys me a doughnut it will be cream filled with chocolate icing!
Seriously, doesn't that look good!!!
Seriously, doesn't that look good!!!



1 comments:
Oh my goodness! I am so glad that you and the baby are doing alright! 8 months pregnant + a toddler + a basket of laundry + stairs = TROUBLE!
Did you have to add the doughnut at the end?!? Did I mention I haven't had any sweets/desserts/remotely bad, like pretzels in 6 weeks! Needless to say, that doughnut looks yumscrumptious!
Post a Comment